Monday, July 20, 2009

Finding tweets and peeps.

Social networking media...amazing how much can be done these days. I just spent the last 45 minutes sifting through twitter postings, networks, and various listings just to find out how much I don't know. The strange thing is that, right now, I'm in a position I've never experienced before...I actually have more computer knowledge than my students. Usually it's a game (or a desperate scramble) to stay caught up with students who are half my age; this semester I can top off my use of technology in the classroom with a few podcasts on my iPod. Crazy.

Still no news...those of you who know me, know what I'm talking about. Please - someone - put me out of my misery!! I hate waiting with all my heart but am trying to accept my lack of power in this particular situation. Maybe it's a test?

Frank McCourt died today. It's been a bad month. Perhaps Michael Jackson was more popular and Romeo LeBlanc more political, but McCourt was able to bring a smile to my face when I picked up a book...that's a unique skill. Teacher Man is one I regularly flip back to when I'm feeling out of sorts with my job. Everyone needs a pick-me-up like that one.


My Jiffy Pop awaits so....

I guess that's it...'good night' from the 3 hearts and ten feet which inhabit my tiny Ottawa abode. Oh ya, and Scarlett and Gryphon say 'hi'.

1 comment: